Main Page/Crash Courses/Systems and Policies
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 LFP Crash Course: Systems and Policies
- 1.1 General course information and resources
- 1.2 Schedule and curriculum
- 1.2.1 Schedule overview
- 1.2.2 Weekly curriculum
- 22.214.171.124 Week 1: Introduction to this course and foundational reading
- 126.96.36.199 Week 2: Threat modeling and beginning to communicate about privacy
- 188.8.131.52 Week 4: Vendors and privacy, political advocacy around vendors, some of the history here
- 184.108.40.206 Week 8: Closing talk and presentations
LFP Crash Course: Systems and Policies
General course information and resources
- Weekly conversation recordings get posted here.
- Code of Conduct
- Riseup mailing list: a private list that Crash Course members get subscribed to when the course begins.
- Zoom video conference room: a private Zoom room that we'll use for weekly conversations.
- LFP message board: Another conversation space for asynchronous discussion.
- Bios and photos of this cohort [TBD].
Schedule and curriculum
|Week||Dates||Real time lecture||Topic||Lecturer|
|1||Week of May 16th||May 20th, 9:30 - 11:30 Pacific/12:30 - 2:30 Eastern||Introduction to this course and foundational reading||Alison|
|2||Week of May 23rd||May 27th 9:30 - 11:30 Pacific/12:30 - 2:30 Eastern||Threat modeling and beginning to communicate about privacy||Alison|
|3||Week of May 30th||June 3rd 9:30 - 11:30 Pacific/12:30 - 2:30 Eastern||Making good privacy/data governance policies, more privacy language, and best practices||Alison|
|4||Week of June 6th||June 10th 9:30 - 11:30 Pacific/12:30 - 2:30 Eastern||Vendors and privacy, political advocacy around vendors, some of the history here|
|5||Week of June 13th||June 17th 9:30 - 11:30 Pacific/12:30 - 2:30 Eastern||Working with IT to protect patron privacy, cybersecurity basics
Understanding some of the IT environments possible, talking points for different things people say, things IT people typically bring up
|6||Week of June 20th||June 24th 9:30 - 11:30 Pacific/12:30 - 2:30 Eastern||Public computer environments/tech 101, How do deal with CIPA and similar requirements, how to communicate about this stuff to patrons|
|7||Week of June 27th||July 1st 9:30 - 11:30 Pacific/12:30 - 2:30 Eastern||Privacy audits of your library, How to make this into a sustainable practice, Assessment tools, What to do year after year, How to stay up to date, its a constantly moving target||Alison|
|8||Week of July 4th||July 8th 9:30 - 11:30 Pacific/12:30 - 2:30 Eastern||closing talk and presentations|