Main Page/Crash Courses/Systems and Policies/Week six:
Week six, week of June 13 Public computer environments/tech 101 How do deal with CIPA and similar requirements, how to communicate about this stuff to patrons
chuck lecture from whenever that was focus more on what can go on the computers what the environments are typically like -- image software, deepfreeze etc
Week 12: Privacy tools and how to teach them 101
- Real time lecture: October 8th 9 - 11 Pacific/12 - 2 Eastern on Zoom https://zoom.us/j/9129428892
This week we'll discuss privacy tools and strategies, covering mobile device security, passwords, texting, email, browsers, and whatever else we have time for (we'll continue our conversation on privacy tools next week as well). We'll be focusing mainly on how each of these tools apply to the protestor threat model, but we'll also talk through some other threat models and how the recommendations might be the same or different.
- EFF's digital security guide for protesting: https://ssd.eff.org/en/module/attending-protest
- Guide to locking down Signal: https://medium.com/@mshelton/locking-down-signal-d71678f653d3
No guest this week; Alison will lead the lecture
- Which of these strategies and tools have you tried and what was your experience?
- Lecture, readings, discussion forum, and final project work