- 1 LFP Camp
- 1.1 Intro
- 1.2 Please read and abide by our community documents
- 1.3 Agenda
- 1.4 Notes
- 1.5 Things to know before your arrival at camp
- 1.6 Venue and accommodations
- 1.7 Food
- 1.8 Things to do at the camp
- 1.9 Weather
- 1.10 What to bring
- 1.11 Who
This is an in-person weekend camp for Library Freedom Project! It will take place from September 16-18 2022 at Hands in 4 Youth Camp, 256 Macopin Rd, West Milford, NJ 07480
Please read and abide by our community documents
Developed by consensus on August 7, 2021
- Remembering Our/My Context
- Ask Up - Jargon Gesture - Say Your Acronyms
- Write Bigger /Speak Up
- Provide Grace
- OOPS/Ouch - Accountability
- Freedom to Move
- Acknowledgement for community agreements flexibility
- Hands instead of clapping - Deaf applause
- Recognize Power & Privilege
- One Mic, One Speaker
- land the plane (make your point, wrap it up gesture)
Things to know before your arrival at camp
If you are taking a flight, you should plan to arrive at Newark Liberty International Airport. Train travelers should arrive at Newark Penn Station. Alison will arrange shuttle buses to take folks to camp from there.
Shuttle bus schedule:
- Friday, September 16:
- 10 am: leaves Newark Airport, Terminal B arrivals. Stops at Newark Penn Station about ten minutes later. Arrives at Hands in 4 Youth around 11 am.
- 12:30 pm: leaves Newark Airport, Terminal B arrivals. Stops at Newark Penn Station about ten minutes later. Arrives at Hands in 4 Youth around 1:30 pm.
- 2:45 pm: leaves Newark Airport, Terminal B arrivals. Stops at Newark Penn Station about ten minutes later. Arrives at Hands in 4 Youth around 3:45 pm.
- 5:30 pm: leaves Newark Airport, Terminal B arrivals. Stops at Newark Penn Station about ten minutes later. Arrives at Hands in 4 Youth around 6:30 pm.
- Arrivals after 5:30 pm on Friday will split rideshares/taxis with other late arrivals -- check in with Alison!
- Sunday, September 18:
- 11:30 am: leaves Hands in 4 Youth. Arrives Newark Penn Station about 12:15 pm. Arrives Newark Liberty Airport, Terminal B, about 12:30 pm.
- 2 pm: leaves Hands in 4 Youth. Arrives Newark Penn Station about 2:45 pm. Arrives Newark Liberty Airport, Terminal B, about 3 pm.
- 4:15 pm: leaves Hands in 4 Youth. Arrives Newark Penn Station about 5 pm. Arrives Newark Liberty Airport, Terminal B, about 5:15 pm.
Venue and accommodations
Hands in 4 Youth Camp, West Milford NJ.
We will be staying in camp cabins, which are pretty spare. Some of the rooms are shared and others are not. You can put your roommate preferences here:
The camp provides pillows, sheets, and blankets, but you should also bring your own more comfortable ones if you want.
You must bring your own towels and toiletries!
Information about who is rooming with whom is here https://libraryfreedom.wiki/html/public_html/index.php/Main_Page/Meetings/LFPCamp2022/Rooms
The camp will be providing all of our meals. Please make sure Alison is aware of your dietary needs well in advance!
Our accommodations include kitchens in each building, so we will have plenty of space to bring our own snacks and drinks.
Things to do at the camp
- Hiking and walking trails
- Boating (unfortunately we won't be able to swim because there's no life guard)
- Ropes course
- Fishing (BYO equipment)
- Hanging out by the lake
Mid-September weather should be very nice, in the 70s, likely will be dry. Will update this closer to the date.
What to bring
- Add what you're bringing to share: https://libraryfreedom.wiki/html/public_html/index.php/Main_Page/Meetings/LFPCamp2022/Supplies
- Sturdy shoes, either hiking boots or sneakers
- Reusable water bottle
- Bath towel
- Casual and comfortable clothing
- Something warmer for the evening
- Snacks, drinks, or special dietary foods that you want
- Bug spray
- Games, crafts, or other activities to share
- Something to sit on outdoors, if you want
Add yourself to this table if you want folks to know you're coming!
|Miranda||they/them||KCMO||KC Public Library
|Chinyere||she/her||Baltimore||Baltimore County Public Library|
|Mack||he/him||Atlanta, GA||GA Tech|
|Patricia Ball||she/her||Marietta, GA||Cobb County Public Library System
|Tess||she/her||Pittsburgh, PA||U. of Pittsburgh / NNLM|
|Frank Skornia||he/him/his||Stamford, CT||Ferguson Library|
|Nikki Rhodes||any||Des Moines, IA||DMPL|
|Kelly McElroy||she/her/hers||Corvallis, OR||Oregon State University|
|Marisa Reichert||she/her||South Carolina|
|Callan Bignoli||she/her/hers||Boston, MA||Olin College Library|
|Abby Ebach||she/her/hers||Bismarck, ND||North Dakota State Library|
|Ayoola White||she/her/hers||Northern New Jersey|
|Lena Gluck||they/them/theirs||Northern New Jersey||North Bergen Public Library|
|Sam Helmick||they/them/theirs||Iowa City||Iowa City Public Library|
|Deborah Yun Caldwell||she/her/hers||Dallas, Texas||N/A|
|Ellie Avis||she/her/hers||Portland, OR||Multnomah County Library|
|Wren Kominos||he/him||maybe Corvallis, OR||unknown
|Athanasia Fitos||she/her/hers||Miami, FL||Miami-Dade Public Library|
|Amy Dennis||she/her/hers||San Angelo, TX||Tom Green County Library|
|Doyun||they/them/theirs||Baltimore, MD||Enoch Pratt Free Library|
|Tracy||any||Denver, CO||Denver Public Library
|Maty C||they/them||Roxbury, MA||Boston Public Library
|Megan K||she/her||San Francisco||City College of SF|
|James Neal||He/Him/His||Washington, DC||IMLS|
|Asako Yoshida||she/her||Manitoba, Canada||University of Manitoba|
|Linda||they/them||Oakland, CA||Oakland Public Library|
|Sam Lee||she/her||Tolland, CT||Enfield Public Library|
|Andrea Puglisi||she/her||Berkshires, Massachusetts||Westfield State University|
|Maria Rios||she/they||Amherst, MA||University of Massachusetts Amherst|
|Claire Lobdell||she/her||Northampton, MA||Greenfield Community College Library|
|Michelle Biwer||she/her||Northern VA||Alexandria Library|
|Frans Albarillo||he/him||Brooklyn, NY||Brooklyn College, CUNY|
|Ari Baum-Hommes||she/her||Minneapolis, MN||Hennepin County Library|
|ariel hahn||she/her||Los Angeles, CA||Cal Poly Pomona|
|meghan mcgowan||they/she||Detroit, MI||Wayne State University|
|Rebecca Moorman||she/her/hers||Anchorage, AK||University of Alaska Anchorage|
|Anna Bjartmarsdottir||she/her/hers||Anchorage, AK||University of Alaska Anchorage|
|Chris Strunk||he/him||Boston||Boston Public Library|
|Eliza||she/her||Ithaca NY||Cornell U Library
|Reanna Esmail||she/her||Ithaca NY||Cornell U Library
|Chloe Horsma||she/her||Sacramento CA||Sacramento Public Library
|Jen Wilson||she/they||Newark DE||University of Delaware Library
|Camille Peters||she/her||Oakland CA||Oakland Public Library|